Pages

Wednesday 24 October 2012

I've been gone a long time...


Well, that blog holiday was practically a gap year. I'm not going to go into why I've been away for weeks and weeks, because it's all long-winded and dismal and boring, but I will say I'm now back (yay!) and have lots of exciting things to talk about in the next few weeks. Plenty of amazing books to recommend, movies and TV to force down your throats, and maybe I'll scrounge around for the odd cute baby photo or two. Because we could all do with a little more cuteness in our lives.

I'm also going to start posting here once a week (on Tuesdays) unless I have something special or exciting to say. It's not that I don't love blogging, but I feel like I'm not doing it as well as I'd like to and I'm hoping that giving myself one post a week will make that one post a better one.

And so, to tide you over till next Tuesday, here are a couple of movies I've recently seen and loved... 

What to Expect When You're Expecting 
I was always going to watch this, given I was pregnant and had a baby not all that long ago, but it's surprisingly and refreshingly fun!

Harry Brown 
Gritty and dark. And it's got a vigilante Michael Caine. (I know! Alfred gets to be the superhero!) What's not to love?

And this isn't a movie, but I recently started watching ITV's Doc Martin. I'm most of the way through the five seasons already. It's absolutely brilliant.

Seen anything good recently?

9 comments:

  1. Welcome back! I've missed you!
    I'm obsessed with Homeland and The Hunted, love me a good espionage thriller! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you're back. I hope you had a good break.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good to have you back! Go with a blogging schedule you can handle.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I saw What To Expect recently and got a kick out of it. Pregnancy definitely has its moments of joy and horror.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So great to see you, Sangu!! I've ordered your book and can't wait to read it. A cozy night (with rain hopefully) and your book is in my future <3

    ReplyDelete
  6. Welcome back! :)

    Thanks for the recommendations. I've seen promos for Doc Martin on PBS but I've never watched it . . .

    Also wanted to say that I read The Lost Girl last week and thought it was brilliant; definitely among the best YA books I've read this year.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hellloooo! I was just thinking of you the other day and wondering how you were doing! Great to check in here again.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I liked What To Expect When You're Expecting too. It was funny. :)

    Glad to have you back!

    ReplyDelete