Pages

Friday 13 January 2012

Happy 2012!

Happy New Year, blogosphere! Yes, I'm back. Well. More or less. My son is something of a black hole: one minute it's 10AM and I'm changing (yet another) nappy, the next it's 3PM and I've managed to achieve absolutely nothing with my day. He eats time, I tell you. Bloggers who are also mums: why didn't you warn me?!

I know we're already halfway through the month, but it still feels like the new year's only just begun. And there are a lot of things to be excited about.

Everyone says a baby's first year is the most exciting and changeable so, exhausting as the little mite is, I'm looking forward to all the milestones (he smiles already! Yes!)

THE LOST GIRL will be out this year. Oh, yes. Finally! I hope to be able to share the cover, blurb, official release date, etc. soon.

Books. It's only January and I've already read so many amazing new things. Apparently reading is the one thing I do have time for (because you can do it anywhere, anytime, and, most importantly, you can do it one-handed) and I'm making the most of it.

And now I'm off to change another nappy. Life is glamorous.

What are you excited about this year?

12 comments:

  1. Aw, what a little cutie! Definitely worth some lost writing time. Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Exciting news about your book! Can't wait.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Babies are darlings. But you've found a great one-hand activity in reading so you're set :-)

    I'm looking forward to reading more this year. I didn't do so well last year but there are great debuts and great sequels, like Elana Johnson's Surrender, coming out this year so we'll see what great fun we'll have.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay for adorable babies and getting published and reading lots of amazing books! Definitely all exciting-making things.

    ReplyDelete
  5. what a cutie! And I'm so excited that this is your release year. Can't wait to read The Lost Girl!

    ReplyDelete
  6. He's so cute. :)

    I'm excited about your book--I can't wait to read it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. THE LOST GIRL will be lost no longer. Congrats on it coming out. Let me know when so I spotlight it on my blog. And each day in the first year of a baby is an adventure! Roland

    ReplyDelete
  8. Babies do suck up time but it's time well spent. Just FYI audio books work great if you end up needing both hand when he gets a little bigger and more wriggly. Have fun with the diapers. I'm begging to think they never go away as my almost three year old REFUSES to potty train.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awww how cute!!!!!

    Congrats on Baby and Book! And all within such a short period of time!!!!

    This will be a wonderful year for you, I can tell!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. YAY! FINALLY a photo! And sooooo cute, too. :) What a year is ahead for you!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a total cutie! I'd never be able to write with him around, I'd want to play. :)

    Congratulations on the books! I can't wait to read it,

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy New Year! And I am SO far behind in commenting that I don't even know if I stopped by to say a huge congratulations on the arrival of your beautiful baby. So...congratulations! 2012 is going to be such an exciting year for you.

    What am I looking forward to? Loads of things :) Currently though, trying to improve my writing. Currently 5k into the second story and it's going ok so far.

    ReplyDelete