Pages

Friday 16 July 2010

I'm back! (nope, can't think of a fancy title)

Dear readers,

I feel obliged to say it again: I'm back! Look! Me! Online, on the blog, I have returned!

Yikes, I've been gone a ridiculously long time, haven't I? For me, that is. Weeks. An absolutely mad few weeks too, I might add. I moved to a house in Norwich, I did (most of) the million and one things you've got to do when you move house, we've settled in, I've started writing again when I've had spare time, we've explored the city, I've looked for and applied for tons of jobs, I've even had a job interview, and we've been up to Lancaster again for graduation and back.

Highlights:
  • Moving house
  • Getting my first post-university job interview, for a job as a supervisor and shakemaker at a milkshake shop (fun!)
  • Writing 1500 words of the second book in my ECHOES story, and finally getting its outline done 
  • We've had a ridiculously hot summer so far. I mean, we actually had a heatwave last weekend! (This is England. Heatwaves are about as common as people who don't like dogs.)
  • Erm, have I mentioned moving house? We have a house. Yay!

Yeah. Busy.

That said, I probably would have had time to blog plenty of times over the last few weeks... had we been possessed of that wonderful thing we call the internet. Sadly, we only got our internet set up in the house this Monday, so I've been pretty much stuck tweeting and checking emails from my phone (which gets somewhat exhausting on the ol' eyes after a while).

But here I am again, and I can't begin to describe how happy I am to be back in the blogosphere, and how much I'm looking forward to reading all my favourite blogs and talking to all of you again! I've managed to talk to a few of you over the last couple of weeks, which has been lovely, but it'll be so nice to read your blog posts again.

I was originally planning to tell you all about my time away in this post, but I've realized it would turn into a ridiculously long and unwieldy post. So if you happen to stop by over the weekend, I shall be throwing a

PARTY!

A blog party, that is, which will involve cheap wine, cookies, and lots of photos and grand tales about the new house! This was actually the brilliant Elizabeth Mueller's idea, and she's so incredibly sweet, she's soon going to be hosting her own 'celebration' of sorts on her blog too!

And now I'm off to read lots of blogs and then complete the glamorous task of, ahem, washing up.

8 comments:

  1. Wow! You were busy! Welcome back!

    ~JD

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heheheh! It's great to have you back. : j
    Welcome back!
    Congrats on the house too!
    I'm sure your party will be a smash hit!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sangu - welcome back!! I'm so happy you're back in the wonderful blogosphere again. Can't wait to see photos of the new abode, I'll pour myself a glass of wine and grab some party nibbles and join in with the fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Welcome back! I've missed you. Thanks for the kind words on my blog.

    Don't be a stranger. Roland

    ReplyDelete
  5. welcome back! i'm glad all went well for you, good luck on the interview :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay! Welcome back - I missed you! Glad everything seems to have gone smoothly, though.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Welcome back! And congratulations on all your accomplishments. It's the best feeling isn't it, getting many many things done that have been hanging unfinished over your head for some time? I should work on that ... lol

    ReplyDelete
  8. wb, sangu!

    things seem to be going your way... all good! :)

    ReplyDelete